Being mid-market is a privilege and a challenge. On one side, your growth story inspires confidence in your market, while on the other side sustaining that growth and going beyond can be challenging. Price competition from a smaller company, and deep pockets and scale of a larger firm can leave you in a tight spot in between.
You have an enormous appetite for growth, but compete in today’s global environment with a downward pressure on price, rising input costs and shortage of talent especially at managerial levels and above. Midsize firms aim to boost revenue through acquisition of focussed customers in projects that ensure profitability. For the majority, cost reduction and efforts to enhance operating efficiency will go hand-in hand with new customer acquisition.
What is important for you?
- Increase revenue along with profitability
- An organic expansion into new markets tapping into globalization
- Diversification of products/services
- Stay agile and responsive to customer needs
- Cost reduction via operational efficiency